1lb Cubed boneless beef
1 large onion Onion paste*
½ cup Tomato puree
1 tsp East India Company Garam Masala
1 Tbsp Garlic-Ginger Paste
½ tsp Turmeric
½ tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
2 pc Whole Cardamom
2 pc Whole Cloves
1pc Whole Cinnamon
a pinch Whole Cumin
3-4 pc Whole Black Peppercorn
1 Tbsp Oil
To Taste Salt
*Note: For onion paste, slice the onions and fry them in oil till they are golden brown, strain the oil and puree the onions.
- Heat Oil in a pan and add the whole spices (Cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, cumin, black peppercorns).
- Once the spices start to pop and crackle, add the beef cubes and sauté for two to three minutes.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and onion paste, stir for a few minutes.
- Finally, add the turmeric, garam masala, and red chili powder along with the tomato puree. Cover and allow to cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Serve hot with basmati rice or nan bread.